- Spring Picnic - May 5, 2018
The 2018 CSBA Spring Picnic will be held on May 5th in Fallon, Nevada at the ranch of Gary and Pegi Witte. Wittes will supply meat and another hot dish. We continue to appreciate the wide range of foods everyone brings to these events. Members with last names beginning with n-z may bring a salad. Members with last names that begin with a-m may bring a dessert or "munchies" like chips and salsa.
At this time we will be visiting Albaugh Ranch (Heritage breeder), and J Bar J Shorthorns, (Jack and Joyce Barnes, Heritage breeders) Saturday morning. We will return to Witte Shorthorns for lunch and an afternoon tour of Witte cattle followed by Spring Board meeting. We do not have specific times as of yet, but that's a tentative schedule. Please plan to meet at Witte Shorthorns at 9am.
Directions from Reno: I-80 east to Fernley. take 2nd Fernley exit. Right at the bottom of the off ramp. Go through round about, following directions to Fallon (Alt. 95) approximately 26 mi.. Continue to Taylor St. (4th stop light) Turn right on Taylor St. CVS will be on your right. Taylor St. becomes Schurz Hwy also posted at hwy 95 south. Approximately 3 mi. you will see a two storey yellow house with a white porch, and grey pipe fencing on your left. You've arrived at 4205 Schurz Hwy. Home of Witte Shorthorns!
Gary and Pegi Witte
4205 Schurz Hwy
Fallon, NV 89406
- California State Fair
- Spotlight on Quality Sale, Now at the Chowchilla Fairgrounds, Chowchilla, CA. ***NEW LOCATION***
- Friday, October 27
- 5:00 p.m. Sale Cattle in Place, Process Sale Cattle
- 6:00 p.m. Barn Dinner Party
- Saturday, October 28
- 9:30 a.m. Jr. Jackpot Show arrival deadline
- 10:00 a.m. Sale Cattle Show
- 1:00 p.m. Spotlight on Quality Sale
- 6:00 p.m. Social Hour
- 7:00 p.m. Annual Dinner followed by CSBA Meeting
- Sunday, October 29
- 9:00 a.m. Junior Show and Jackpot